Hall Road Rangers surrendered a three goal lead as both themselves and LIV Supplies took a solitary point from a 3-3 draw at Haworth Park on Saturday.

In the first half, Rangers dominated proceedings and had lots of possession. Tom Iversen put Rangers ahead in the fifth minute when he produced a cool finish. This was Iversen’s ninth goal of the season.

Rangers doubled their lead in the 18th minute through a thunderous long-range strike from Callum Stone. An outstanding way to get his first goal of the campaign. Five minutes later, it became 0-3 when Joel Shepard slotted home to bag his second goal of the season.

It was a completely different story in the second half as LIV wrestled back control of the game. They pulled themselves a goal back in the 51st minute courtesy of a Keane Parsons effort. LIV then grabbed another goal, six minutes later, when Josh Ward produced a spectacular strike.

LIV’s comeback was completed in the 76th minute as Mike Rustill got their equaliser. Rangers keeper Haydn Withill produced a good save in the 81st minute which prevented Callum Harrison from giving LIV the lead.

Both sides pushed players forward to try and get a winning goal in the latter stages of the game. However, they ultimately couldn’t be separated.

Hall Road Rangers: Withill, Markham, J. Hall, Chaffer, Bullement, Andrew (C), Wray, Shepard (Harrison 73’), Stone, Iversen, Oliver.

Subs Not Used: Loughton, Davies.

Following the game, Rangers boss Chris Burke said:

“Another frustrating result for myself and the lads. We knew going into the game that it wouldn’t be easy against a tough and physical LIV side.

After putting in a very solid and commanding first half performance and going into the break 0-3 up, we said to the lads that they had to manage the game properly in the second half. If we did that, then it’d have been another three points on the board.

Unfortunately, we slipped back into our old ways and allowed ourselves to be bullied. We lost our shape and the way we’d been playing in the first half. LIV got themselves back into the game shortly after half-time with the first goal and then scored two more unanswered goals.

We had chances to win the game, but a lack of quality and calmness in front of goal was our undoing yet again. I have to give credit to the lads for the way they conducted themselves.

I must give a special mention to Alex Markham who made his debut. At 17 years old and coming in after one training session, he put in a solid and assured performance.

We’ll move onto Wednesday night’s game at home to Hornsea and look to bounce back.”