Hall Road Rangers are through to the Second Round of the Whiteheads Fish & Chips Cup after securing an emphatic 1-6 victory against Beverley Town Reserves at Norwood Recreation Ground.

The hosts had a half chance in the eighth minute when they hit a shot wide after a sloppy pass from Hall Road’s defence gave the ball away. Three minutes later, Rangers created a chance of their own through a good run from Tom Oliver which resulted in him hitting an effort wide.

In the 33rd minute, Chris Spinks saw a curled effort go just wide. Before the half-time whistle, a Rob Hall header hit the post after he got on the end of a Spinks set piece delivery.

The deadlock was finally broken in the 53rd minute. Oliver latched onto a great through ball from Lewis Andrew and cooly slotted the ball into the back of the net to put Rangers in front and get his first goal for the club.

Fin Pulford doubled Hall Road’s lead in the 55th minute as he was on hand to bundle the ball over the line to secure his first HRR goal. The goal blitz continued in the 57th minute when Tom Iversen met an Ellis Miller pass and fired the ball home to make it 0-3.

As the game was beginning to draw to a close, Rangers extended their lead even further. Oliver made it a brace for himself in the 80th minute with a lovely finish. Just seconds later, Spinks got himself on the scoresheet with a fantastic chipped effort which looped into the back of the net.

Beverley Town Reserves got a late consolation in the 85th minute through a Shaun Scotthorne effort which meant that Rangers couldn’t keep a clean sheet on the night. However, a great finish from Spinks to get himself a brace added some more gloss on the final score.

Hall Road Rangers: Withill, Williams, Pulford, J. Hall, Chaffer, Andrew (C), R. Hall (O’Malley 71’), Iversen (Waud 67’), Spinks, Miller (Bullement 67’), Oliver.

Subs Not Used: McKinney, Murray.

Rangers manager Leon Sewell was very pleased with his side’s attacking output:

”Firstly, I’d like to thank Beverley for hosting the game tonight. The first half was a really good, competitive game. I said to the lads at half-time that it’ll be one nil, so they’ve proved me wrong with that.

I think our fitness showed in the second half and our quality came through. We made a couple of little tweaks and asked them to do a couple of different things and they’ve delivered it.

I think we scored six really good goals. Happy, but still disappointed from Saturday’s league defeat. What we did tonight should have been done on Saturday.

Take nothing away from it. It’s the reaction that we wanted from the boys.

I was tempted to make a lot of changes, but gave 14 of the lads from Saturday a second chance and they’ve stood up to it tonight.

Really happy. Six good goals and we’re into the next round.”